Friday 2 October 2009

Books Books glorious Books, nothing quite like them for...

It is now a week since my last blog. Something of a personal inter-blog record, and a real step in the right direction to get my 'real-world' life back on track. But here I am. Saturday we went to the book festival in Mount Vernon with Gene. I mention this both because it was very fun, but also because they had a 'top 100 best books ever' list there, which Mel has decided to tackle. She has started off with Treasure Island, which came onto the list at number ..... (drum roll) ........ Actually it didn't make it on teh list so far as I can see, but it is definitely a book. Just not one of the 'top 100 best books ever'. I suspect it might be in the top 1000, or the top 100 books about pirates (possibly creeping into the top 10, just above 'That's not my Pirate'). To be fair to Mel she just finished Lorf of the Flies, which is accidentally (in the sense of 'she read it before we saw the list') there at Number 41. The best book ever is Ulysses by James Joyce, which is also the name of a pub round the corner (James Joyce, not Ulysses, which sounds more like a male strip club) so I think I should read it.
So that's books covered - On to sport. This was a great week of results. Everton won away in Europe (after going a goal behind) - Marouane Fellaini's hair scored a goal, and the mighty Ravens trounced someone lame. Also Manchester United and England centre-back Rio Ferdinand is hosting the 2016 Olympics. That's the sport covered then.
Beyond sport there was more good news from the world of hair - Tony Blair's hair may be made the President of Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment