Saturday 5 September 2009

Day I

I suppose I had to do something to fill the time between waking up (5.30 today, better than 3 yesterday) and going out. I started to write an email then couldn't decide who to put in the To: field. So a blog it is. I have no doubt that this will peter out pretty quickly, but hopefully it will serve a purpose to let everyone know how we are getting on. Plus I will

If you you live in Baltimore, this isn't for you, it's about you, so walk away ;-)

Yesterday was a good day. I got up and went into work, managing to sneak in on my old ID card. I made coffee at the Kirby Center before anyone else was in and also managed to find the Park building (where I thought my new office was), the 3rd floor (someone else pressed that button and I decided to go with it), and Peter's (my boss) and my offices (locked - still before 7.30). When I got back to the Kirby Center Candace was in and a ufn morning of being pleased to see people began.

Meanwhile, Mel was out and about getting us sim cards for our phones (mel: 410-949-4086 and me -4087), and looking at apartments. Independently we both stumped for sushi for lunch, and I left work at 3ish to go look at 2 apartments, one in each of the buildings we lived in before. One was quite nice but had stairs that we're not sure our bed would fit up (I suppose the Cardiff solution of sawing stuff off til it did won't wash in rented housing), and the other was a bit further from work (and restaurants and stuff) than I would like. So today will be another big apartment-hunting day...

No comments:

Post a Comment